Prev: [GZG] FT Fighter/Advanced Screen balance (Cross Dimensions) Next: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: New Stuff, Birthdays and Special Deals!

[GZG] FT Area defenses (addendum)

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@t...>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 17:11:56 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [GZG] FT Area defenses (addendum)

Fighter balance addendum to previous email:

The other possibility is that we keep the area defense fire control but
we put a limit on how many point defense systems on a single ship it's
allowed to direct to assist another ship under fighter attack.	i.e. a
single ADFC doesn't allow a battleship with 20 PDS to use all 20 PDS to
help its neighbor any more, it only gets to use somewhere between three
or five of them per ADFC.  Perhaps the area defense system I suggested
in the other email (mass 5-6, area defense scattergun with three shots)
becomes an alternative to this, or perhaps this limit becomes required
for scatterguns and up to three scatterguns plus the ADFC just simply
becomes the new suite I'm suggesting in the other email.

Just for those who didn't read the other email:  this is suggested in
conjunction with the optional rule in Cross Dimensions where only one
carrier's fighters may attack a single target at once, or alternatively
that each additional carrier's fighters suffers a -1 penalty,
cumulative, for each additional carrier's fighters that attack the same
target.

E/Stilt Man