Prev: Re: [GZG] 'Belt Armour' a la Kravak Next: Re: [GZG] GHQ vs GZG infantry scale?

Re: [GZG] 'Belt Armour' a la Kravak

From: "McCarthy, Tom" <Tom.McCarthy@x...>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:11:37 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] 'Belt Armour' a la Kravak

It is hard to know what’s a good defence for Kra’vak.  I agree that
in FB2, they pretty much wound up with feeling easier to destroy, not
harder, than most foes.

And as you say, we couldn’t let simple single-layer armour be very
good against K-guns once it was used to decorate so many NSL hulls.

The decision to make their weapons 'beat' all existing defences, then
saying they wouldn't buy defences that were useless in civil war, meant
they bought no defences.  Just lots of hull.  But strong and very strong
hulls, with no screens and no armour, leave them no tougher than (and
often weaker than) many NSL to their typical 'on table' foes.

If I had it to do over, I would consider some simple changes like:

i) Kra’vak have multi-layer armour
ii) Kra’vak have 3 hull rows.
iii) When K-gun damage doubles, the second set of damage starts at the
top layer of armour, just like a separate hit.

I think that's more than enough to make that first and second threshold
feel like they're a long ways away.

Prev: Re: [GZG] 'Belt Armour' a la Kravak Next: Re: [GZG] GHQ vs GZG infantry scale?