Prev: Re: [GZG] Space Terrain Next: Re: [GZG] Space Terrain

Re: [GZG] Transhuman Space

From: Simon White <mintroll-gzg-ft@2...>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 12:25:59 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Transhuman Space

> From: Derek Rogillio <derek@rogillio.net>
>
> For those of you who suggested Transhuman Space in a previous thread,
> thank you.  What a fantastic setting!  I ended up purchasing all of
> the supplements, most of which are out of print, and have read through
> half of them at this point.  I am really happy with it and am already
> starting to think about putting together some games.

I'm glad you like the books... reading Fifth Wave and High Frontier gave
me many ideas. I think they're the better supplement books.

> From: John Tailby <john_tailby@xtra.co.nz>
>
> I think that is one of the beauties of the FT game, there is no
absolute
> relationship between the FT mass factor and a real physical dimension
like
> cubic metres of displacement.
>
> You could easily start with your autonomous kill vehicles as mass
15-20
> and have your main ship as mass 300 or so. That might work well for a
> roleplaying ship othewise your PCs might find space combat very
dangerous
> as their ship gets crippled in a few turns.

As John says, scaling things up/down is a great way to shoehorn some
settings/ideas into Full Thrust.

--
Experience is the fool's best teacher; the wise do not need it.

http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Space Terrain Next: Re: [GZG] Space Terrain