Prev: Re: [GZG] Asteroid fields and the Great Monkey Dance :-D (was: Re: The Great Premeasuring Monkey Dance Next: [GZG] Space Terrain

Re: [GZG] Asteroid fields and the Great Monkey Dance :-D (was: Re: The Great Premeasuring Monkey Dance

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:26:39 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Asteroid fields and the Great Monkey Dance :-D (was: Re: The Great Premeasuring Monkey Dance

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree on both points. I just wanted to point out that more often
than not,
> the lack of dense #s of asteroids is going to probably be the rule in
most
> solar systems.

Out of curiosity, what's the density of the material in Saturn's rings?

It's far more dense than the asteroid belt, but I understand we've
sent probes through the rings before. I don't know if it was "hold
your breath" time when they did it, but there didn't seem to be enough
worry that anyone said, "Hey, is this worth doing with our
multi-million dollar probe?"

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com