Prev: [GZG] Opening a can of worms - for fun. (was: Re: Cinematic Vs Vector for Dummies Re: Running Full Thrust at a con? Next: Re: [GZG] Opening a can of worms - for fun. (was: Re: Cinematic Vs Vector for Dummies Re: Running Full Thrust at a con?

Re: [GZG] Opening a can of worms - for fun. (was: Re: Cinematic Vs Vector for Dummies Re: Running Full Thrust at a con?

From: martin connell <mxconnell@o...>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 20:45:42 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Opening a can of worms - for fun. (was: Re: Cinematic Vs Vector for Dummies Re: Running Full Thrust at a con?

is anything wrong with measuring - certainly in high tech genres it
makes sense. I think it's a game mechanic to achieve a couple things: 1)
keep the game "gamey", it adds some kind of skill aspect to it 2) keeps
things moving (you know someone will want to premeaasure every
relationship on the table every turn) 3) so much future gaming is
actually based on the past where accurate measurement was not broadly
and quickly available. I'm sure there are lots of other excu... er,
reasons. There are games that allow pre-measure. I've read them but
never played them.

Might be an interestnig SG/FMA action - spend an action to know the
range of everything in your field of fire. Another choice other than
aim.

Martin