Prev: Re: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion

Re: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion

From: Evyn MacDude <infojunky@c...>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:26:57 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion

> Evyn,
>
> FMA is the generic system (dice colours/sizes, opposed rolls, etc)
used in
> SG2 and DS2. It isn't, by itself, a game.

Yes, I understand....

FMA Skirmish is only (officially) one very old draft. Never seemed to
make
> much sense to me to convert anything when (theoretically) a new draft
and
> maybe one day a release will eventually appear.

And yes I have several iterations of it on various harddrives.

For SG2, I did some conversion work but never published it (on my
infinite
> list of things to do) that focused on getting the balance of power
reflected
> in Traveller individual weapons and armour somewhat right. Allan
Goodall did
> a conversion for SG2 that focused on making things with similar names
match
> - A GZG plasma gun was a PGMP/FGMP. The balance is GZG, but it can
easily be
> used for Traveller if you expect the games to play out a bit
differently.

Mostly that is kinda what I was looking for....

--
Evyn

Prev: Re: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion