Prev: Re: [GZG] Scale War Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion

[GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:06:54 -0400
Subject: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion

n,

FMA is the generic system (dice colours/sizes, opposed rolls, etc) used
in
SG2 and DS2. It isn't, by itself, a game.

FMA Skirmish is only (officially) one very old draft. Never seemed to
make
much sense to me to convert anything when (theoretically) a new draft
and
maybe one day a release will eventually appear.

For SG2, I did some conversion work but never published it (on my
infinite
list of things to do) that focused on getting the balance of power
reflected
in Traveller individual weapons and armour somewhat right. Allan Goodall
did
a conversion for SG2 that focused on making things with similar names
match
- A GZG plasma gun was a PGMP/FGMP. The balance is GZG, but it can
easily be
used for Traveller if you expect the games to play out a bit
differently.

I am unaware of any DS2 conversion, but doing up some of the standard
designs in DS terms (Trepida, Astrin, etc) should be pretty
straightforward.

Allan might post the link - I don't have it handy.

TomB

--
http://ante-aurorum-tenebrae.blogspot.com/
http://www.stargrunt.ca

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty
quits the horizon." -- Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: [GZG] Scale War Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller to FMA conversion