Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First SF Game

Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 15:47:31 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com> wrote:

> But that's okay. If we want to expand out to first SF game ever, mine
was
> Chitin:I.

I can't remember my first science fiction game. I think it might have
been a couple of games from a Canadian company called Gamma Two Games
(which was later rolled into Columbia Games). I know I had 4000 AD
fairly early on, plus some mainstream games like The Bermuda Triangle
game (you had to sale ships around a board, but each turn a "cloud"
moved around and "ate" ships; there were magnets on the ships and on
the plastic cloud).

The first science fiction wargame was Ogre and GEV, which I mail
ordered from Metagaming back in the day. My first miniatures game was
Striker, but I never played it. I bought the rules, bought the minis,
but never got around to playing it. The first science fiction
miniatures game I actually got to play was 40K, but I abandoned it
when I bought SG2.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First SF Game