Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew.....

Re: [GZG] Scale War

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 11:56:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Scale War

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Evyn MacDude <infojunky@ceecom.net>
wrote:

> Ah... See there is the story, by that light maybe even a larger size
would
> be better. 54mm perhaps?

Too expensive. :-)

I am writing a roleplaying campaign for Arc Dream Publishing based on
the First Special Service Force. I had thought of taking my 1/12 scale
Dragon figure of Pete, the First Special Service Force Johnson LMG
gunner, to GenCon with me as a "this is what you guys are wearing"
thing. It would be a lot more fun, though, if I had 6 of them. (I have
enough Germans for NPCs). Of course, I'd need a truck to haul it
all... :-)

> Or better Yet! Lego Minifigs.... I kid you not a group I know of
locally
> uses nothing but Lego.

For a Wild West RPG we played once, I gave the entire group PlayMobil
cowboys that matched their characters. It did make the whole "has he
drawn his gun yet?" question pretty clear.

I also used MegaBloks knights from their Dragons line for a game of
Harn. Worked really, really well. I have quite a few orcs and knights,
enough to skirmish with, and more than enough for most fantasy RPGs. I
cut a green Lego studded sheet apart to make bases for them.

> There are a fair number of historicals companies who have a wild west
lines
> either as a sub-line of their ACW or a line to its self....

Given recent economic realities in our household, I should look into
15mm Wild West.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com