Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew.....

[GZG] Scale War

From: Evyn MacDude <infojunky@c...>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:25:51 -0700
Subject: [GZG] Scale War

wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Evyn MacDude <infojunky@ceecom.net>
> wrote:
> > Note I did say I was being pendantic..... So please approach with
the
> humor
> > that is intended.....
>
> Don't worry, I did; I was smiling the whole time I wrote that.

Good because these discussions can get rancorous...

> Yea, Star Wars is WAY more fantasy than Traveller. :-)
>
> (I once had the Citizens of the Imperium book that had stats for young
> dirt farmer turned pilot, and despotic, cybernetic Imperial warlord.
> Marc Miller saw there was no relation, too. Double- :-)  )

Heh....

> > See this is where we differ, I want 15mm for use with my RPGs, it is
much
> > easier taking figures to games that way.
>
> And I want 25mm for my RPGs, because we don't roleplay right at a
> table. We game around a coffee table (actually, two end-to-end map
> tables) in the middle of our living room. I might just as well use my
> 15mm Phalons as buy the 15mm not-Firefly crew for roleplaying, for all
> the visual differentiation I get when looking from the couch to the
> table.

Ah... See there is the story, by that light maybe even a larger size
would
be better. 54mm perhaps?

Or better Yet! Lego Minifigs.... I kid you not a group I know of locally
uses nothing but Lego. I am using Lego to build a corridor system for
15mm I
am not ready to take the rest of that plunge yet. [Note a 2x2 stud
square
tile is 16mm across, perfect for 15mm Traveller applications (and with
40
years of collecting Lego I have stock)]

> Tell that to my collection of 15mm Wild West figures, I have a large
> > collection 400+ figures.... I went on a buying frenzy after Firefly.
>
> Ha! Looks like I fell into your carefully laid trap!
>
> If I felt like it, I'd do some research into the number of companies
> that provide 15mm Wild West versus 25+mm Wild West. But I won't... :-)

There are a fair number of historicals companies who have a wild west
lines
either as a sub-line of their ACW or a line to its self....

--
Evyn