Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters (design system) Next: Re: [GZG] Some questions about organizational structure

[GZG] Some questions about organizational structure

From: Kenneth Coble <kmcoble@g...>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:18:34 -0400
Subject: [GZG] Some questions about organizational structure

ay I cleaned the flash off my GZG stuff, hoping that the nice weather
will hold so I can prime this week.  But I realized that my lack of
real-world military experience and tendency to read histories written at
battalion-level or higher means I'm a tiny bit fuzzy on how I should be
organizing this stuff.	When you add stuff like power armor, etc, I'm
even
more confused.	 I'll just address one side of my two forces now, and
maybe
then I can figure out the opfor myself.  Here's what I'm working with:

40 'normal' infantry
6 Power armored infantry

2 Command Hover APCs
3 Hover APCs

2 Hover scout tanks/light APCs
4 Medium Hover tanks

2 Large Hover flatbed/logistics vehicles (thinking of adding a crane arm
one for a recovery/repair thing)

So what would be a good way to lay these guys out that made a modicum of
sense?	The 4 medium hovertanks make a tank platoon I guess; and I was
thinking that one command HAPC plus the 3 regualr HAPCs could be a
mech/hover infantry platoon, with 32 of the 'regular' infantry.  Then
the
last command HAPC and the 2 scout hovers/IFVs could maybe be some kind
of
elite/rapid response thing, with the 6 PA troopers in the HAPC and the 8
remaining troopers assigned, 4 each, to the IFVs?  Does this make any
kind
of doctrinal sense? Or should the scout tanks be assigned to the Tank
platoon, and the second command HAPC attached to the logistics hovers to
make a recovery/engineering unit, shoehorning the PA infantry into the
platoon with the regular infantry?  I guess this stuff doesn't matter
too
much, but for scenario purposes I'd like to have an idea of what sort of
organization would make sense here, what would logically be sent out
into
the field as a unit, etc.  Any help - and the reasons behind your
suggestions - would be greatly appreciated!

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters (design system) Next: Re: [GZG] Some questions about organizational structure