Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 19:00:12 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

> I think if you were wanting to play in a specific setting, it might
simply
> be easier to rewrite the fighter rules element of the game so that it
fits
> your setting but also fits the rules. Get rid of the variability and
simply
> write stats for TIEs, X-wings, B-wings, etc.
>
> What Aaron Newman did at ECC XII this past year was to model Star Wars
fighters as I think cruisers, and variants thereof (destroyers, light
cruisers, cruisers, etc; I could be wrong about the exact modeling he
did,
but he basically modeled fighters as ships). Then again, they had only
one
"real ship" in the game (essentially a big-@$$ base), and it basically
had
B2s and B3s for PDS, iirc.

Just another thought. FT *is* fairly scalable, after all. :-D

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters