Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

From: Doc <docagren@a...>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:06:07 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Okay, Mixed Role fighter yep they are going to be higher cost then
normal fighters.  The set of rules I showed for earlier

http://www.freewebs.com/heavymetaldrake/modular Fighter Designs.pdf

    Part of that increase in cost is based on how much stuff you try to
squeeze into a fighter body, and if U put in to much even extra change
to squeeze it in.  Look at the these 2 examples of fighters used in our
games, both by my Midgard Herding Nation.

1st is a very advanced fighter:

Star Falcon  (Fast Long Range Advanced Fighter)	 Base Cost: 15
per Fighter (Squadron: 90))   Eff 8, +6

    These will be replacing the older Star Hellcat 2s

Notes:Vrs Enemy Fighters or Missiles,  1 DP= 3 or 4, 2DP= 5 or 6

Vrs Enemy Ships:(Treat as B1 with 6” range)

Combat Endurance:9

Movement: Launch 36”, Movement 36” Secondary 12”

Damage from enemy fire: 1 DP= 4 or 5, 2DP= 6

    (Can add to all Fighter)		Base Cost: 1 per Fighter
(Squadron: +6)

Extrnal Orbital Booster Pack unit	    Note: Has 2 Turns of
Endurance for leaving Atmosphere

Movement with Boosters: Launch 24”, Movement 24” Secondary 9”
Normal Movement: Launch 36”, Movement 36” Secondary 12”

Damage from enemy fire with Booster : 1 DP= 3-5, 2DP= 6 Damage from
enemy fire without Booster : 1 DP= 4-5, 2DP= 6

2nd is basic multirole fighter: (Would cost -1 point if you drop
streamlining)
0AStar Hellcat 3 (Multi-role Streamlined Aerospace Fighter)	Base
Cost: 4 per Fighter (Squadron: 24)

    These will be replacing the older Star Hellcat 2s as primary
trainers

Notes:Vrs Enemy Fighters, Missiles or Enemy Ships:(Treat as B1 with 6”
range)

Combat Endurance:6

Movement: Launch 24”, Movement 24” Secondary 12”

Damage from enemy fire: 1 DP= 4 or 5, 2DP= 6

    (Can add to all Fighter)		Base Cost: 1 per Fighter
(Squadron: +6)

Extrnal Orbital Booster Pack unit	    Note: Has 2 Turns of
Endurance for leaving Atmosphere

Movement with Boosters: Launch 16”, Movement 16” Secondary 8”
Normal Movement: Launch 24”, Movement 24” Secondary 12”

Damage from enemy fire with Booster : 1 DP= 3-5, 2DP= 6 Damage from
enemy fire without Booster : 1 DP= 4-5, 2DP= 6

    While the 1st one is nice for killing other fighters, it still dies
just as fast as the 2nd.  I still end up fielding on my carriers and
planet bases a # of Star Hellcat 3, why?  The cost of the Star Falcon,
I can field 3+ squadrons of the Hellcats 3 and should I get into
shooting war, as an accountant friend of mine pointed out, it might be
better to have those Hellcat 3 available as a reserve force to resupply
carrier wings.  While we build both Falcons and Hellcat 3.  I find my
Falcons limited to my better pilots.

DOC Agren

    Lurker on the Digest

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters