Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:21:22 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Robert Mayberry
<robert.mayberry@gmail.com>wrote:

> Most of the fictional settings we are trying to reproduce do in fact
> have multi-role fighters.[...] BSG's raptors could be argued to be
similar
> to attack fighters (though IMO multi-role military shuttles should be
> something else entirely)

Hmmm. I don't think I ever saw the raptors in any role vaguely
resembling
attack fighters*. We've seen them do ECM/ECCM roles, and we've seen them
do
assault shuttle roles, and we've seen them be missile platforms, but by
and
large they never really mixed it up like fighters did.

* - at least now how "attack fighters" are defined in my universe (and
we
all know it's all about my universe, whether you got the memo or not ;-)
).

> but while they are a bit inconsistent about
> it, it appears that Vipers have an anti-ship capability.

<nod>
Yeah, that goes for both incarnations of the series.

The way I'm running my Vipers right now is like interceptors, but they
get
to act like PDS against ships. So they have some limited, very limited,
anti-ship role.

I'm still wrestling with how to best represent Cylon Raiders. Right now
toying with the old series being attack, and the new series being
standard.

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters