Prev: Re: [GZG] GROPO Toy Alert! Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@t...>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:52:41 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

I have a single, and very simple objection to the idea of combined
fighters, at the very least allowing it cheaply, probably at all:  heavy
+ interceptor = you win absolutely every dogfight.  We had very few
house rules in our games beyond the basic rules sets throughout our
gaming group's history, and disallowing heavy interceptors was one of
the first.  Allow complete mixed role fighters for any kind of cost
effectiveness and throwing torpedo, attack, or both on top of that
becomes your unstoppable Munchkin.  Thanks, but no thanks... and this is
coming from one of the most manic carrier buffs on the list, for what
that's worth.

E the Stilt Man