Prev: Re: [GZG] GROPO Toy Alert! Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Re: [GZG] Stepping out the airlock....

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 22:50:04 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Stepping out the airlock....

> Those of you who know me understand my dedicated ground-pounder roots.
> prefer skirmish or squad based infantry and armour games to clashes of
ships
> in space... but.... every once and a while, something space-y sucks me
in.
> B5 was one such setting.
>
> So, when I found a new setting of interest, I naturally assumed that
many
> great minds of space ship design must have come up with ships and
systems to
> mimic the genre I was after long before I arrived at this interest.
And yet,
> the Weapons and Defense archive have many genres represented, but
> surprisingly not the one I'm after despite the series having had more
than
> 200 episodes and two movies so far....
>
> And thus, I throw out the questions:
>
> What sorts of systems, rules and designs would be necessary to do
Stargate
> universe ship combat justice?  (And of course, has anyone already
tried?)

Scott Bishop had Tau'ri StarGate ships in his "What The @#$%^*?" FT game
Friday evening at ECC XII. I cannot remember all the details of the
ships,
but the shields were regeneratable (slow, but they did regenerate). It's
been too long to remember any of the pertinent details, other than I ran
the
Tau'ri, and I went head-to-head with the Klingon fleet run by Mike Hudak
(I
subsequently wiped out said Klingon fleet).

If he's on the list, hopefully he'll pop up and post his ship stats.

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] GROPO Toy Alert! Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters