Prev: Re: [GZG] Rally Call for Northwest Gamers Next: Re: [GZG] Rally Call for Northwest Gamers

Re: [GZG] (FT) Tugs

From: Doc <docagren@a...>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 19:45:01 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] (FT) Tugs

>There is no maximum speed...
    I know that, and was badly worded

Depends on your PSB in the setting, but I'd tend to say:

>- any group of ships joined together can manoeuvre at the lowest max
thrust of the ships in the group (because they're putting no special
strain on the connectors);
   That a better way of saying what we went with or orginal answer C:
Use the engines off the rider to supplement the Tug engines, but only to
Tug Max speed?

From: John Tailby

>The topic about tugs caused me to ask the question about whether people
use
separate FTL tenders / transports and non FTL equipped battle riders or
assault
ships in their games.

>What conditions would need to occur to make such ships more viable than
the
fleet book ships?
   Well, I can say we do use non FTL Battleriders, but as yet I’ve
never jump anything more than a Mass 10 ship in as 1...  and they
haven’t been as effective as I hoped.  But I wonder about Jumping
some of my system defense boats into battle... of course that would
weaken my system defense most likely why I never done it...
   The other thing we use FTL Tugs for is Commercial Use, now I will
admit many of the FT players were/are Battletech players so we do look a
Jumpship and Dropships as way to move Cargo.  Jump into a Jump Point,
release your carried dropships and pick up next load.
   The other role that Tugs serve is as
 Recovery vessels for Damaged warships, and it was in that role that my
orginal question came from.

DOC AGREN
   Just a Lurker on the Digest

In Memory of Russ Manduca 7/22/67-1/8/08

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have
hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for
anything else thereafter.
    ~ Ernest Hemmingway

Prev: Re: [GZG] Rally Call for Northwest Gamers Next: Re: [GZG] Rally Call for Northwest Gamers