Prev: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars Next: Re: [GZG] FMA multiple activations [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] 1:1 scale miniatures

From: Robert N Bryett <rbryett@g...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:15:21 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] 1:1 scale miniatures

Ah yes, I played around with this when I was at uni and had access to
the view cameras in the Photo Arts department. I was doing precisely
the opposite of what is shown, in that I was using shifts and tilts
to make my model aircraft and AFV dioramas look more like the real
thing.

Photographic shifts and tilts are based on the gloriously-named
Scheimpflug Principle, and are usually beyond what can be achieved
with the sort of cameras most people own. Digital post-processing can
simulate some of the effect when making real objects look like
miniatures, but you probably need a real view camera to make
miniatures look like real tanks etc.