Prev: Re: [GZG] Requesting a little help with a background (Revolt on Antares!) Next: Re: [GZG] FMA multiple activations

Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

From: Robert Mayberry <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 07:36:49 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

> Thrust also seems to be quite low, the BSG ships don't zip around the
table
> like the ships in our FT campaign do. Maybe they are just doing vector
> movement, but I'd rate thrusts at very low , maybe only 2.
>
> Base stars don't seem to have any point defence suggesting that the
Galacta
> attack isn't ornance based and they can stop missiles with their
raiders.

Agreed. I'd go so far as to give the base stars Thrust 1. They seem
almost
stationary in the show, moving VERY slowly if at all in a battle, though
of
course off-camera their superior FTL drives give them more strategic
mobility. Galactica seems to have real thrust, though even then it's
pretty
slow-- fast only compared to nearly stationary basestars.

Something else: people seem to be giving base stars beam batteries and
point
defense. Granted I haven't seen season 4 yet, but I can't recall any
time at
all that a basestar has used any weapons at all other than raiders,
heavy
raiders and MT-style missiles. It seems like their only defense is their
fighter screen. Consider the rescue on New Caprica, when the colonial
vessels moved up close to the basestars and let loose with the direct
fire.
The base stars didn't seem to shoot back.

A base star seems to take a moderate number of hits before it goes down,
but
that's still consistent with a weak or even fragile hull.... a big
enough
vessel still gets a decent number of hull boxes even with a weak hull.