Prev: Re: [GZG] [ECC XII][For Damo] Thoughts on stress for FMAS -somefeedback Next: Re: [GZG] 25mm Resin Vehicles

Re: [GZG] [ECC XII][For Damo] Thoughts on stress for FMAS -somefeedback

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 22:52:15 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [ECC XII][For Damo] Thoughts on stress for FMAS -somefeedback

>I never played a version of MA with action points (that I recall
>anyway). I have played Inquisitor, which did that, and for a while
>it was in our extreme FMA variant - HyperFMAS - but we finally chose
>to abandon it as we felt it bogged the game down. We found
>substituting borrowed and held actions worked for most of the cases
>you would want multiple actions and played much faster.
>
>Martin

Just to be clear, we're not talking here of rolling for AP per
individual figure - it is a mechanic of picking a leader figure,
rolling its QD for a number of command points, and then immediately
spending them on activating one or more figures under that leader's
command (at a cost per figure = to their motivation number). It
allows a variable number of figures to be activated as a group,
influenced by the quality of the leader and the motivation level of
the troops under him.

For games with roughly similar numbers of figures per side it works
really well, but it becomes stretched if one force is significantly
larger than the other (though it can still work well for the "single
hero vs. a horde of cannon fodder" cinematic scenarios.....).

Jon (GZG)