Prev: Re: [GZG] [ECC XII][For Damo] Thoughts on stress for FMAS - somefeedback Next: Re: [GZG] GZG ECC XII--Full Thrust games????

Re: [GZG] [ECC XII][For Damo] Thoughts on stress for FMAS -

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 21:03:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [ECC XII][For Damo] Thoughts on stress for FMAS -

o:

My leader *was* beside the MG gunner and loaned him a reactivation at
least
1/round. It idid not help. Bob's D10 did not feature numbers higher than
6.

I agree that 'outside of line of sight of the enemy' might be harder in
some
games. In some situations, it would be very clear (guy having retreated
to a
safe spot). But even dropping 1 stress chit per round would have been a
help.

As to the grenade solution I proposed:
I was sort of envisioning this single check as covering: 1) activating,
2)
moving to the grenade, 3) throwing it back. It saves on having to make
two
checks and a roll. The maximum move allowed would be one standard move
in
your terrain (in our case, I think 4"). It just boils multiple checks
down
to one roll, rather than several.

I do agree with you that *in some cases* a dive for cover option would
leave
you vulnerable, except that 1) getting blown up now versus potentially
being
vulnerable next round is a choice in which I always opt for future maybe
danger vs. current sure danger and 2) maybe in the time between now and
some
future then where you might get killed while hiding in cover from the
grenade with no actions for the round, your buddies will bring enough
support to bear to keep the enemy off you. Hence why I like the option.
Plus
"maybe getting shot later" vs. D8 vs. D4 now.... I'll take the maybe.

For grenades, I enjoy some other games double step throw resolution.
Throw
for target point. Deviate to determine landing point. Then roll D12 for
bounce direction and a small die for distance (to cover bounce/roll). Or
use
a bounce roll result that makes sense in the terrain. On hard ground
(normal
dry earth or desert hardpack), I've seen grenades bounce and roll a long
way. Indoors, I've seen them bounced through doors and windows, although
I've also seen the bounce go awry in training. That's more than throw
deviation, its a bounce and roll after landing. And of course, you don't
get
much of that on wet ground, in snow, or in a swamp.

Like Bob, I quite enjoyed the game.

--
http://ante-aurorum-tenebrae.blogspot.com/
http://www.stargrunt.ca

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty
quits the horizon." -- Thomas Paine