Prev: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm Next: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm

Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:31:48 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm

>If you went with a "realistic" walker design with a MBT style turret
>you could design them so that the existing vehicle turrets fitted
>them. This would obviously cut down developement effort and improve
>flexibility
>

>Having seen videos of tanks firing their main gun the recoil is
>pretty significant. A bipedal walker could struggle to cope with the
>recoil of a main gun. So you could end up with a seried of walkers
>that use bipedal for scout or missile equipped models and multileged
>types for MBTs. APCs could be either type.

That's kind of what I was thinking.... bipedal walkers would probably
tend towards being armed with mutiple smaller weapons for
antipersonnel fire, with some missile systems for the bigger targets,
at least until you get up to putting energy weapons or other
low-recoil stuff on them - firing a big tank gun from one is most
likely to knock it onto its big tin arse.....  ;-)
At least I could imagine our OcTank bracing all eight legs while
firing the big cannon.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm Next: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm