Prev: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm Next: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm

Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:50:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm

funny man from across the pond wrote:

Um, well... today's MBTs can also be taken out of the fight by dropping
big
trees on them from ambush (particularly the kind of elaborate ambushes
featured in RotJ). OK, they won't *explode* quite as nicely as the
chicken
walkers do, but you can disarm them, blind them and immobilize them...
and
they're not even recce units :-P

----

I'm not saying you can't immobilize a tank with a good pit trap or with
logs. Mind you, we've both seen tracklayers pull out of some pretty
extreme
scenarios that looked like it should bog them. Break vision blocks and
electronics, possibly. I guess a big enough logfall might damage the
weaponry.

But the whole 'trip it with a rope held by about 6 fat fuzzy bears" etc.
is
a bit dodgy. If we assume Imperial Troops are decent (might not apply to
AT-AT crews, just Stormtroopers - who else can be so precise?), at the
first
sign of trouble, they'd lock their hatches (if something is knocking on
the
roof, you ask your stormtroopers to shoot it until it stops) and they'd
be
aware of the possibility of tree falls and rockfalls and suck and govern
themselves accordingly. 6 fat fuzzy bears isn't going to stop one.

And if it looks like you're going to get a rockfall, instead of tipping
over
and blowing up (must have been made by the Republic Pinto Engineering
Company of Banasdan), they might just dig the feet in. Then they
wouldn't be
trying to walk on logs.

At worst, they get knocked over anyway, at best, their legs hold and
they
might be stationary, but at least they are upright and can shoot.

And I have doubts about these bears as arboreal climbers. Most of them
were
too rotund to get up on a log without a Princess to help.

And don't get me started about the uselessness of Stormtrooper Armour.
Won't
stop a rock, won't stop a blaster, won't stop a lightsaber, limits your
visibility, limits your movement.... arrrghhh....

Wee wakka, ee chupa! Yub-Nub! YUB-NUB!!!!!
"Translation: Those Stormtroopers are killing us! Run! Runnnnnnnn!!!!!"

The only thing good about Ewoks:
http://www.theforce.net/SWTC/holocaust.html

--
http://ante-aurorum-tenebrae.blogspot.com/
http://www.stargrunt.ca

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty
quits the horizon." -- Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm Next: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm