Prev: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm Next: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm

Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm

From: David Lalinde <papecomp@y...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:57:59 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm

> My interest is in the infantry walkers, which I use as
> super-heavy power
> armor in Dirtside. I currently use Battletech power armor
> in 6mm, which
> comes out to about 4-5 meters. I'm looking for a 15mm
> equivalent; thanks to
> the suggestions, I'll take a very close look at heavy
> gear 25mm.

The standard general purpose Heavy Gear minis are about 4 cm tall (a
"real" HG is around 6 meters tall, so a bit over 40 mm in N-Scale). So
in 15mm scale they fit pretty well the concept of heavy power armor or
light walker vehicle. In 25mm scale they should work well as standard
power armor (they are a bit bigger than a GW Space Marine).

The first Heavy Gear minis were HO scale (1/87), but they are quite rare
to find nowadays (although not impossible). The ones I have are the
second batch, which were N Scale (1/144 or 1/160, depending on where you
look, or about 10-12mm), and the current Heavy Gear Blitz minis are, as
far as I know, basically the same scale although the guns look bigger (a
bit more cartoonish).

Hope this helps to make you decide wether the minis could fit your
ideas.

Regards,

David

Prev: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm Next: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm