Prev: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm Next: Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm

Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm

From: emu2020@c...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 23:35:08 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm

Not to start too huge a thing on walkers, as I know they are not most
peoples' thing, but I think their ar ample figures out there for big,
burley walkers. What has not been done are the walkers that fall between
the powered armor and the heavier stuff. These are the walkers I am
talking about when I refer to bipedal walkers. Perhaps I should refer to
them as humanoid, but then folks figure you are talking about big
anime-looking things.

The ones I am proposing are far less fancy and I must admit a certain
preference for the machines thath ave made an appearance in
2300AD/Traveller 2300. In a lot of ways the basic elments of the
MaK/SF3D stuff work if you were to work away from some of their blatent
retro-tech elements.

Check out these links for examples  of the Traveller sorts -

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dheb/2300/Equipment/EG/bowman/BritCW.h
tm

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dheb/2300/Equipment/EG/BH25/BH25.htm

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dheb/2300/Articles/CW/CW.htm

http://www.tedlindsey.com/art/art/2320ad_files/page9-1012-full.html

The key thing to remember here is the scale. In most of these units, the
pilot is fully enclosed in the torso, either sitting or squatting and
operating the vehicle very similar to any other vehicle, making most of
these combat walkers at least twice the height of a man if not pushing
three-times the height. The "head" on the is often nothing more than a
sensor suite and the weapons are often mounted either on the main body
or the backside of the arms. There aren't any "carried" weapons on these
sorts of designs, though nothing prevents them from carrying weapons.

-Eli

Prev: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm Next: Re: [GZG] Walkers in 15mm