Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Previews of latest 15mm now up on the store! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Previews of latest 15mm now up on the store!

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Previews of latest 15mm now up on the store!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:19:21 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Previews of latest 15mm now up on the store!

>On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Evyn MacDude <infojunky@ceecom.net>
wrote:

>>  You wouldn't know if the main gun will fit as a replacement of the
old
>>  Rafm/Martian metals Grav Tank?
>

>The grav APCs look a lot like the German Marder APCs I bought from
>Roco to use with 15mm SG2. I'd be curious to see them side by side.

The new Grav APC is a bit longer than the Marder, and maybe a little
lower in profile, but yes, the overall hull shape is certainly
similar. The new APC is 40mm wide x 88mm long, so (assuming that 15mm
is nominally 1/100, which I know is a debatable point but it's the
yardstick I normally use) that makes it 4 metres wide and almost 9
metres long if it was "real". Now, a Marder 1 is 6.88 metres long x
3.24 metres wide (Jane's Recognition Guide), but your mini is in
1/87, so that should make the model 79 mm x 37mm. Using this as a
1/100 (15mm) SF vehicle would give it a "real" size of 7.9 metres
long x 3.7 metres wide, so quite close though a little bit shorter.

>Gosh, these could actually get me buying miniatures again...

Go on, you KNOW you want to.......   ;-)

Jon (GZG)