Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG at Hammerhead, and updates on other Next: [GZG] (no subject)

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG at Hammerhead, and updates on other stuff...

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:18:45 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG at Hammerhead, and updates on other stuff...

Excellent, the Leadhead strategy...

However, you're all missing the point: you don't go with the intention
of
buying needed items, you want to be ENTICED by the unexpected.

Oh, and fifty miles isn't a road trip; In LA, it's across town. Metro
KC,
say from Olathe to the far side of Independence is almost thirty miles,
further up in Liberty. For me, Lincoln to Omaha is 'the next big town
over...' My gf used to do it as a daily job commute. It was hardly the
worst I've heard.

Lincoln, NE to the far side of KC, THAT'S a road trip, but just barely.

Fair's fair, I suppose I should admit that all of the game trips are now
part business, since becoming part owner of the shop. Smaller
occurrences
give us a chance for a table with the store's name on it for gamers to
see,
though most of the trade is our used bin and items from owners'
collections, and the Origins/Gencon give an interesting feel to the
industry. Sometimes you can really feel the reps sweating long before
the
bad news actually comes out.

Still, I miss the all night drives up to Denver when it was just a game
con, and a visit of my then adolescent daughter.

The_Beast

PS Megan is now the mother of twins, and pushing hard for another
father-daughter trip to Indy.

PPS Have I ever mentioned the store's web site? Dreadful, really, but
we've
finally got a calendar (thank you Google), www.gauntlet-games.com.