Prev: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels Next: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels

Re: [GZG] Tech Levels

From: Binhan Lin <binhan.lin@g...>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 10:33:06 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels

> By the way, I thought plasma weapons were quite common. Isn't that
what a
> shaped charge round is? Is the 'plasma jet' not true plasma?
>
> The_Beast

Shaped charges aren't plasma - they are more like metal particles
accelerated to ridiculous speeds - such as molten copper that acts like
solid spear due to the pressures of formation (i.e. even water can
penetrate
steel if you have enough pressure).

Plasma is more along the lines of ionized gas - very hot, but not very
substantial  - so in theory it can be blocked or diffused by almost any
matter such as air, fog, a leaf or dust in the air.

--Binhan

Prev: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels Next: Re: [GZG] Tech Levels