Prev: Re: [GZG] New Mini's Coming? Next: Re: [GZG] Metal Primer

Re: [GZG] Metal Primer

From: Bill Brush <bbrush@g...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:32:51 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Metal Primer

Auto primer will work for an airbrush, but will require SIGNIFICANT
thinning.  It's made very thick with the intention that the painter
will be thinning it.  When I was working in the body shop a typical
thin would be at least 1 to 1 paint to thinner, and usually it was 2-4
to 1.  I would estimate conservatively that a quart of primer would
last you about 10 years.

Bill

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Hudak, Michael <mihudak@state.pa.us>
wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Anyone have any recommendations on a metal primer that can be sprayed
through an airbrush?  I usually get some (I believe it's Testors, but
could be mistaken) at the local Hobbytown, but the bottles are very
small.....

> Looked at Pep Boys (auto parts store) and they have a quart of primer,
it looke like it can be thinned.....  But it's $21 bucks a quart.  If it
would work, then fine, but if it wouldn't work through an airbrush,
well......  That's a big chunk to just toss away.

Prev: Re: [GZG] New Mini's Coming? Next: Re: [GZG] Metal Primer