Prev: [GZG] [CON] Five weeks to go! GZG East Coast Convention XII Next: Re: [GZG] Need some CPV Help

[GZG] Need some CPV Help

From: Peter West <huascar18@y...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 02:18:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [GZG] Need some CPV Help

am try to make the transition to CPV but the maths is escaping me as I
can't make the CPV formula's work.

I am stumped by the ^ symbol in the formula CPV hull cost = (TMF -
non-combat Mass)^2/100. According to wikkipedia ^ means "logical
disjunction or join in a lattice or; max; join propositional logic,
lattice theory"???????

The alternative formula (TMF - non-combat Mass) multiplied times (TMF -
non-combat Mass) then divided by 100 isn't any clearer. To my mind, for
a ESU Ural DD, this would mean a CPV of (34-0)x(34-0)/100 = 11.56.
Given the CPV of the Ural is 95 I am clearly doing something wrong.

Can anyone help me understand how CPV works or point me to another
explanation or calculator.

Peter W

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter
inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox

Prev: [GZG] [CON] Five weeks to go! GZG East Coast Convention XII Next: Re: [GZG] Need some CPV Help