Prev: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives' Next: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 21:30:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

At 12:10 AM +0000 1/11/09, Samuel Penn wrote:

>Computer assisted targetting and/or smart munitions might remove
>human limitations from the equation.

Then you're talking about power armor with grav/jump belt capability...

If you have the capability to accurately target
FROM such a jump, your enemies might have the
capability to accurately target SUCH a jumping
target.

>>  3) Any fire control system on a military vehicle from a
technological
>>  base capable of providing grav belts can hit a target moving at
100kph
>>  with ease.
>
>According to GURPS Star Mercs, battledress had stealth as well,
>which may help against forces who don't have the latest tech.

You're going to handle being silhouetted from the
sky how? You're going to have a signature. You're
not in the weeds, at some point you're going to
make a VERY nice, crisp target to the mk1
eyeball. With sufficient processing and good
optical sensors, you're going to be nice and
crisp as a target...

It's kind of like choppers in combat. If you're
up against a similar opponent, you're going to
have to be VERY careful about how you use the
tools. Great for approach march, not so great for
the final run into the target. If they're lower
tech, you're good. If they're NOT lower tech,
then you're going to have a SERIOUS problem.

Likely armor PDS AND ADS systems could be adapted
to handle shooting down the jumping crunchies. I
wouldn't want to go jumping up on any armor or
high tech forces.

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me.
       But I do work there and still like the company.
      |        |		   |	     -==----
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)