Prev: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality Next: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 03:26:07 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

At 6:57 PM -0600 12/15/08, John Atkinson wrote:
>On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  If you traded weapons:
>>
>>  TL1 Q4: Veteran Gaurds with smoothbore muskets
>>  TL4 Q1: Untrained rabble with high tech ACRs
>>
>>  The suggestion here would be that the result is equal. I don't think
so. All
>>  the expertise in the world won't overcome the basic ballistics and
ROF of
>>  the smoothbore.  Idiots may be using the ACRs, but some of the
rounds are
>>  likely to find their mark and they shoot a lot more a lot faster and
>>  better range even in the hands of clowns.
>
>A lot depends on the floor of your tech level.  If your bottom-tech
>troops are using bolt-action magazine rifles (SMLE, Kar98, M1903) then
>the difference is not nearly as dramatic.

I'll take the quality trained troops over the
Untrained rabble. They'll hit what they shoot at.
Unless that untrained rabble is in power armor
and has a substantial numerical advantage, the
trained troops will likely clean up. The Lawdag
Files has something on this in a round about way.
http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/
Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality Next: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality