Prev: Re: [GZG] Question: small-arms tech and troop quality.... Next: Re: [GZG] Question: small-arms tech and troop quality....

Re: [GZG] Question: small-arms tech and troop quality....

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 19:37:46 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question: small-arms tech and troop quality....

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 6:57 PM, John Brewer <jbrewer@webtv.net> wrote:
> I've read the reply posts so far, and I can't help but let my mind
drift to the hidden core question...

> "Should we have lost in Vietnam?"

Eh?  Don't see the relation.

Jon is discussing tactical implications of small arms.	You're asking
political and strategic questions.  The outcome of every single
firefight in Vietnam was favorable to the United States--but in the
long run, that wasn't the relevant question.  Or rather, it wasn't
relevant enough.

John
--Vita Aureliani