Prev: Re: [GZG] Thrusters Next: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:51:22 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

> [...]
>
> FACT, the ROEs have in past events, forced peace keepers of arguably
> of a higher quality to sit and observe and do nothing else while they
> watched one group murder another group, en masses.  This has happened
> in multiple locations. What less inflammatory language would you
> suggest to describe this?

IIRC, didn't someone once post a link containing (or transcribe) some of
the
ROE restrictions that UN soldiers had to labor under in Bosnia a few
years
ago? I vaguely remember it, and was somewhat taken aback by what they
were
not allowed to do.

> > P.S. John, you mentioned that one contributer should read for
> > comprehension, not with his emotions. Perhaps it would do you some
> > good to write for information, not with your emotions.
>
> If you don't want to get into a flame war with John, don't toss
> insults back when you're complaining about being insulted.

As the *many* years of being on this list have shown. :-D  That John
hasn't
already taken the gauntlet and run with it is because he:
1) decided it's not worth it (rare, but happens now and then),
2) is too busy with his Real Job of disarming explosives in the Middle
East
and hasn't had time to relax on the list yet (then again there is that
whole
time zone difference; he might actually be sleeping!), or
3) had started but hasn't yet finished crafting his trademark reply.

;-)

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Thrusters Next: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea