Prev: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea Next: Re: [GZG] Long Range Scanning - Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 08:01:13 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

Sorry to hear that; even I found it an interesting germ, and others were
jumping in literary refs. I'll admit, Dorsai came to mind immediately,
but
shoved aside because of the similarities to Dune's Saudaukar, i.e.,
soldier's planet, though that was more a death world, which I don't
think
Dorsai's was.

As for John's comments, I'd have to say that was one of his more
measured
and least abusive  I've seen, and do thank him for that.

Thanks, John!

While not directly useful for your idea's development, I think he was
replying to someone else's comments, side thread/discussions a common
part
of this kind of open discussion, and you should do what I've done so
often,
just ignore the parts I don't find readily usable.

The_Beast

PS Hacking-and-slashing of shaver handles proceeds apace, but nothing
coming together as I'd hope. Even if nothing comes of this, it's been
fun
wielding the razor saw...

Eli Arndt wrote on 12/11/2008 02:31:05 AM:

> Do not mistake my desire for polite discussion for a denial of the
realities
> of such endeavors. I wasn't saying we shouldn't talk about such
things,
just
> that the way in which they were phrased was distasteful and abrasive.
> Personally, It pretty much killed the topic for me, to be honest.
Really,