Prev: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea Next: Re: [GZG] A new vector movement system

Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

From: "Paraplegic Racehorse" <paraplegic.racehorse@g...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:30:26 -0900
Subject: Re: [GZG] Interesting mercenary idea

The idea of regulated mercenary units and organization very similar to
your PMC Trust is exhibited also in David Drake's "Hammer's Slammers"
stories. And, yes, Africa nicely fills the niche, as would corporate
armies of Nippon. I would think that regulation - including bonds
expatriation agreements, etc - would be handled by the UNSC.

Faster than a speeding slug!
I'm Paraplegic Racehorse.
http://crippledhorse.blogspot.com/
http://GlacierTaxicab.com/

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:59 AM,  <emu2020@comcast.net> wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> So, I was watching the newest incarnation of the Gundam anime series
> "Gundame 00" and it seems the franchise has very much returned to its
roots
> of being strongly rooted in political and social commentary, but with
an
> update that fits world views and problems today. What does this have
to do
> with the GZG-verse?
>
> One of the things they have in this series in a new independent nation
who's
> national export is mercenaries in the form of what they call PMCs or
Private