Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 16, Issue 10 Next: [GZG] A new vector movement system

Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

From: emu2020@c...
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 23:04:49 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

think that the development and sale of these figs relies far less on the
fluff than the credit that is being given. Before we even had fluff,
people were hyped over these figs. In addition, minor nations who have
never been given anything even resembling fluff from GZG have sold lines
of figures (ScanFed, CalTex, IC, etc.).

That being said, you will recall I was in favor of fluff for fluff's
sake. There is no reason not to have cool fluff and I would love to see
something a little more original than slobbering killer bugs,
hive-minded suicide warriors, or the unapproachable space cockroach.

I guess, in a way, I was trying to say that the Ixx are ultimately going
to develop along lines that make sense for production, not fluff. They
are awesome figs and have obviously jazzed a lot of folks. They will do
fine no matter what fluff is assigned to them because you can always
make up your own. For example, my friend hates the rules for the SV and
hates the Phalon ships so he uses Phalon ship rules with SV ships. I
think the fluff would be more important if we were actually seeing
official rules for GZG stuff.

-Eli

Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 16, Issue 10 Next: [GZG] A new vector movement system