Prev: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour? Next: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 15:40:13 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

Or a hybrid model, where the Ixx we initially meet are a hostile
fringe faction fleeing from the main species. In the midst of the
Solar War, we might ask questions rather than shooting first, but
probably not many before we got the idea. And once we'd formed an
impression that the entire Ixx race was hostile (rather than these
being simply desperate exiles), it might be decades before the Ixx
realize why humans are so unthinkingly hostile and vice versa.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Mark Kinsey <Kinseym@ptd.net> wrote:
> I really like where you're going with this. I love the conflict based
on
> a *massive* misunderstanding.
>
> I'd like to add a minor wrinkle. The Ixx attitudes to humans are not
> unlike those of the bugs in Alan Dean Foster's Humanx Comonwealth.
They
> have deep seated prejudices against humanoids, just like humans do
> against bugs. They think we're squishy and gross beyond belief.
However,
> the Ixx manage to look past *their* prejudice to *share* with
Humanity.