Prev: Re: [GZG] Some 15mm Sci-fi stuff in the works Next: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 20:27:31 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

>aye - I thought having different strands of Ixx would be fun, almost
>Ixx nationalities, which could then fight alongside or against
>existing forces...

Caveat: the following is NOT CANON in any way, just some thoughts I'd
been having that may or may not end up being used (I may still decide
to go off in another direction entirely...):

I'd mentioned some time earlier about the idea that the Ixx are
possibly a nomadic race, travelling around in HUUUUUGE generation
ships (OK, "Hiveships" for want of a better term) - these might have
FTL, or might just be travelling sublight and have just begun to
enter the fringes of the Human/Kra'Vak/Phalon spheres. The hiveships
would be very, very big, planetoid sized, with many millions of Ixx
and fleets of combat ships aboard each one. Now, maybe each hiveship
is a separate nest/nation/tribe/whatever, which will co-operate at
times for the good of the whole Ixx race, but at other times will
squabble and fight among themselves over resources, rivalries, power
and such.... ?

Jon (GZG)

<mailto:gzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu>gzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.ed