Prev: Re: [GZG] Some 15mm Sci-fi stuff in the works Next: Re: [GZG] Some 15mm Sci-fi stuff in the works

Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 17:21:00 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Ixx Psychology & behaviour?

y Hemming wrote:
> aye - I thought having different strands of Ixx would be fun, almost
> Ixx nationalities, which could then fight alongside or against
> existing forces...
Isn't that different /smells/ of Ixx? :-)

And the Ixx "nations" of varying affinity do sound rather like the
Phalons and Sa'Vasku -- never know which way they'll jump -- so perhaps
a different kind of psyhology is needed for the Ixx? Don't ask me what,
though. What's vaguely insectoid without resorting to the hackneyed
ultra-xenophobic mindset /a la/ Starfire's Arachnids and McCaffrey's
Hivers?

How about something along the lines of the Rame from SPI's /StarForce
/games -- rather slow-moving, but this is compensated by them being able

to form a meta-group from, say, 3 individuals, that acts in concert like

one large super-soldier. SPI justified this by the Rame having a
group-mind, but the Ixx could do something pheromonally; the point is
that they can't do anything as fast as, say, a human, but what they do,
they do very well. And it only works with them in close contact -- so
they'd need good defences, with or without exoskeletal armour, because a

"swarm" would become a prime target.

Just a thought... and it could allow Jon to add to the range with
specific Swarm figures.

Phil

Prev: Re: [GZG] Some 15mm Sci-fi stuff in the works Next: Re: [GZG] Some 15mm Sci-fi stuff in the works