Prev: [GZG] Original BSG artwork Next: Re: [GZG] Original BSG artwork

Re: [GZG] Original BSG artwork

From: Fred Kiesche <recursive_loop@y...>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 13:16:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Original BSG artwork

some reason, I get a black screen. This one yields the entire set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heilemann/sets/72157609003191330

I remember when these first surfaced in "Comics Scene" or "Media Scene"
before the show was shown. I think the artwork had some nicer concepts
than the show.

McQuarrie also did preproduction artwork for one of the versions of the
first ST movie. I'd love to know what the story was at that point--some
of the art was pretty strange looking.

He also did, for a while, book covers and in some cases the covers were
better than the books! I still have several--Jack L. Chalker's "The Web
of the Chozen", Rothman's "The World is Round" and other very
atmospheric covers.

And then there is the Ballantine release of "Star Wars" (well before "A
New Hope") several months before the movie came out. With a really
wonderful McQ cover. And no, it isn't for sale, you SW fanbois!!!!!

F.P. Kiesche III
"Ah Mr. Gibbon, another damned, fat, square book. Always, scribble,
scribble, scribble, eh?" (The Duke of Gloucester, on being presented
with Volume 2 of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.) Blogging at
The Lensman's Children and TexasBestGrok!