Prev: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC modeling Next: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 07:24:00 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Toying with UNSC ships (sendout #2)

>Hi all,
>
>One of the things that I liked about the UNSC ships was that they were
>made of modular components. I just had some issue with some of the
>estetics. I've finally sat down at my table again and started dabling.
>I have some prototypes up on a gallery to look through right now and
>I'd appreciate some feedback. They're pretty rough, just setup for
>basic layout.
>
>http://picasaweb.google.ca/jaime.tiampo/Miniatures#
>
>There are two different setups for the fighter bay setup. A 6 launcher
>base and a 3 launcher base. The 3 launcher base can be stacked two
>deep as you will see in the photos to make a larger bay configuration.
>
>I'm still having a problem trying to get a decent curve to the styrene
>for the ring on the wings. I've experimented with heating it against a
>cylinder but had some issues with over heating it and having it warp.
>If anyone has some suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Some interesting ideas! For the wing-ring (!) I'd be more inclined to
look for a piece of plastic piping of a suitable diameter and wall
thickness that you could cut a thin slice from, so that the curve is
already accurately formed. I'm sure there are some types of rigid
pipe for plumbing use that are made in ABS or a similar glueable
plastic?

Jon (GZG)