Prev: Re: [GZG] gross counting was weights Next: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

From: Robert Makowsky <rmakowsky@y...>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 03:42:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

On the practical side if I had to travel through that area.

I would use a .50 cal sniper rifle from the cabin to go for disabling
hits to the engine.  I would make sure that I had some armor for the
cabin and cockpit.  Another sniper in .308 for anti-personnel.	I know
that the boats will both be moving and make the shots hard.  Shoot more
then.  If you can disable the motor of the pirate launch before they can
close then you can sail away.

Close in would be grenades and automatic weapons.

All of this assumes that capture would mean execution.

Bob Makowsky