Prev: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question Next: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

From: Robert N Bryett <rbryett@g...>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:19:33 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

Here in Australia (or at least Sydney) heights are invariably
measured and written in centimetres, but *spoken* as if they were
metres. For example I am "one seventy-five".

It isn't metric or imperial that drives me up the wall, but occasions
when stupid pseudo-measurements are used when perfectly good units of
volume and mass are available. For example, I was recently asked by
my doctor to participate in a NSW Department Of Health survey, which
asked me, among other even more deranged things, how many "cups" of
fruit, vegetables and salad I ate each day. Cups? How the *bleep* do
you measure a cup of apple, asparagus, lettuce or broccoli? Put it
through a blender and reduce it to baby-food?

Best regards, Robert Bryett