Prev: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question Next: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:00:06 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Oerjan Ariander
<orjan.ariander1@comhem.se> wrote:

> And yes: RPG warheads are considerably bigger than hand grenades, and
the
> big fragments from RPG fin assemblies etc. tend to go considerably
further
> than (and are dangerous at considerably longer distances as) hand
grenade
> shrapnel. FWIW this is a major problem for us at work, since certain
> customers of ours want to cut the arming distances of our products
> *waaayyy* shorter than we're able to guarantee that their gunners
won't
> kill themselves <shudder>

"Gosh, I thought it was a directional explosion. . . "

Something like that?  Hehehe. . .

Of course, Third Worlders are notoriously cavalier about such
things--I believe the cultural concept is denoted by "Inshallah".

Inshallah, I will kill the Americans.  Inshallah, I will blow myself
up.  Inshallah, the RPG will be a dud, but I will go to the hashish
bar and brag about how manly I am for firing an RPG at the Americans.

>>You don't--and are exceedingly unlikely to hit ANYTHING at that range.
>>  At least, from what I've seen.  Most of the time RPGs are fired
under
>>100m,
>
> Um, John... last time I checked 150' was less than half as far as
100m. But
> maybe you Americans have much bigger feet than the Imperial ones I'm
used
> to? ;-)

Feet. . . right.  Feet.  Excuse me while I go flagellate myself.  I'm
used to thinking in meters so much that my eye glossed right over the
little '.  I just assumed that a European would be using meters.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question Next: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question