Prev: Re: [GZG] Fun with RPGs - Re: Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question Next: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

From: "Evyn MacDude" <infojunky@c...>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:39:55 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Slightly OT - Hypothetical weapon question

> I would say there's a fair chance of detonation, with catastrophic
local
> delamination of the hull material. Fother it quick or blub blub blub
goes
> your boat.

That is my take on the topic. Though the build and size of the boat a
big
factors in how much damage will be done by and indivdual rpg. PBR2s and
the
like have extensive use of flatation enhancing foam through out their
void
spaces,  to enhance their resistance to sinking due to pentration of the
hull.

As for hitting a boat with one, that shouldn't be much different from
hitting a boat with a rifle. It really depends how much practice you
have in
the environment, and boats tend to be larger than ground vehicles.

Note, small boat warfare was my MOS, so what I find reasonable may vary
from
your average groundpounder.

--
Evyn