Prev: Re: [GZG] Future War Commander Next: Re: [GZG] [CON] Support GZG ECC with a 2009 Calender from Lulu

Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale?

From: "Tom B" <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:35:39 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale?

you're looking for True 25mm moderate-tech figures, Denizen's Mid-Tech
marines are a good choice. Very "Aliens"/USCMC esque.

http://www.denizenminiatures.co.uk/

The Ventaurans are good high tech troops or Zhodani, just don't get the
ones
with helmets off since they have Yoda-heads They're in what looks like
Zhodani battle dress or combat armour from Traveller.

Federation marines are in what looks a bit like space suits with a
vaguely
original-Battlestar Galctica sort of helmet.

If you click on the gallery link (man they've got some rotten pic
selection)
you can see the top right image is a mix of "not Doctor Who/Tom Baker"
and
Ventaurans. Ignore their helmetless heads... the helmeted versions are
fine.

The nice part of these lines is that Adler (linked from the sci-fi page)
makes a 6mm line to match.

If anyone wants some half decent pictures of painted Ventaurans in a
nice
camouflage pattern, let me know. I'll see what I can do.

-----------

On the scale issue: 15mm  has scale creep too as someone noted. Put
older
Martian Metals Traveller figs beside GZG figs... they aren't the same
size.
Not sure about the height, but the GZG figs tend to be heftier.

--
"Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a
terrible

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead."  --  Thomas Paine

   Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: [GZG] Future War Commander Next: Re: [GZG] [CON] Support GZG ECC with a 2009 Calender from Lulu