Prev: Re: [GZG] [CON] Support GZG ECC with a 2009 Calender from Lulu Next: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale?

Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale?

From: Jakim Friant <jakim@f...>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:34:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale?

Samuel Penn wrote:
> On Fri, October 17, 2008 11:31, Phillip Atcliffe wrote:
>> Michael R. Blair wrote:
>>> I am disgusted by the scale creep that has led to 25mm becoming 28mm
and
>>> frankly I would not be surprised to see them continuing to grow.
>
>> It's happening. You see a lot of vehicles and scenery advertised as
>> "suitable for 25/28 mm", and there's stuff out there now that calls
>> itself "28/30 mm". It'll be 30/32 next, and so on.
>
>> Is there really _that_ much difference in size?
>
> It can be very noticeable. It's okay if you've got a mix of
> humans and aliens (or aliens and aliens), where a size difference
> is acceptable. If you've got what is meant to be a slender 28mm
> female next to a typical 25mm bloke, then it looks wrong.

I always like to refer to Andy Cowell's page since it has a nice picture
showing the popular scales:
<http://www.cowell.org/~andy/min/scale.html>.

I don't think that Kra'vak would look good against GW figures (at least
from this example).  Since they're aliens one could probably get away
with it, maybe.

So even outside human-vs-human comparisons, some aliens or monsters are
just supposed to be bigger.  For example, I've run into scale problems
when the old D&D troll no longer looks imposing when facing a Reaper
hero that is as big or bigger.

--
JF

Prev: Re: [GZG] [CON] Support GZG ECC with a 2009 Calender from Lulu Next: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale?