Prev: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale? Next: [GZG] Future War Commander

Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale?

From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@g...>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:05:26 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale?

On Fri, October 17, 2008 11:31, Phillip Atcliffe wrote:
> Michael R. Blair wrote:
>> I am disgusted by the scale creep that has led to 25mm becoming 28mm
and
>> frankly I would not be surprised to see them continuing to grow.

> It's happening. You see a lot of vehicles and scenery advertised as
> "suitable for 25/28 mm", and there's stuff out there now that calls
> itself "28/30 mm". It'll be 30/32 next, and so on.

> Is there really _that_ much difference in size?

It can be very noticeable. It's okay if you've got a mix of
humans and aliens (or aliens and aliens), where a size difference
is acceptable. If you've got what is meant to be a slender 28mm
female next to a typical 25mm bloke, then it looks wrong.

(yes, you could pretend she's an Amazonian barbarian or whatever,
but if you bought her to represent an RPG character who is a weedy
technician, then that misses the whole point of buying the figure
in the first place).

--
Be seeing you,		  http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			  xmpp:sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale? Next: [GZG] Future War Commander