Prev: Re: [GZG] Drybrushing Next: Re: [GZG] [CON] Support GZG ECC with a 2009 Calender from Lulu

Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale? (For GZG and others?)

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:04:24 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] 25mm a dead scale? (For GZG and others?)

lamentingly:

> The inestimable Martin Connell said:
>
>  But it does mean there must be some reasonable limit on the size of
any
> particular line Jon carries otherwise it becomes an impossible thing
> manage. At some point new intros must stop/drop to a trickle. I think
you
> NEED a new scale. Really. You often run big games, think about 6mm -
GZG and
> Brigade can keep your credit card busy for a couple years there!"
>
> [TomB] Me buying from people other than Jon doesn't really help GZG's
> bottom line (which I like to support when I can). I have a fair amount
of
> 6mm, I guess I could buy a few more things here, but I can already
field
> battalion sized forces.

Time to expand to division sized forces??  ;-)	 There's a guy in the
Flames
of War universe who has built and painted the *entire* 21st Panzer
Division
(1944), has done the British 7th Armoured (1944), and I believe is
either
working on doing or is done doing the entirety of EVERY Tiger unit in
the
war.

If you want, I'll start making up some TOEs at the division level for
you to
aim towards. :-D

I'm one of those odd birds that likes to have a 6mm to 25mm model match
> where I can (hard to do, sadly).

I also, which makes it doubly hard when I've got 15mm from one
manufacturer
(DLD, ForceXXI, etc) and have no 6mm counterparts to go with - or have
some
6mm vehicles (like a bunch from GZG and Brigade) that have no 15mm
counterparts (yet?).

> Point being though even in 6mm, I don't realistically need that much
more
> stuff. And the new attention has mostly been on FT or 15mm SG so there
> hasn't been a lot (unless I missed it) of new DS releases either.
> Ultimately, I can go off and buy 15 or 20mm WW2 or something from
someone,
> but that doesn't really help support Jon or my favourite game (SG).
DS3, if
> it ever gets into formal print release, could re-spur my 6mm interest
as
> could some more 6mm stuff, but I don't necessarily see this as Jon's
focus
> for a while.

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that things come out in waves.
While
Jon's primary focus has always been FT, SG 25mm has gotten its fair
share of
releases in years past while the 15mm line sat quiescent for a long
time.
Perhaps like dice in games this status has merely reversed itself for
the
time being, and we (you) will get some new 25s again.

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Drybrushing Next: Re: [GZG] [CON] Support GZG ECC with a 2009 Calender from Lulu